Promotional activities of any nature (newspaper/radio/television) must be reported immediately to the ABF National Marketing Officer as this is a critical brand management issue.
Notify Sandra Mulcahy on 0417 920 816 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Canberra Times January 18, 2016
Full page article
- Channel 2 (National) – Saturday 23 January
Summer Festival of Bridge – a focus on our younger players
- 21 January – The Star (Maitland) newspaper – FRONT PAGE ARTICLE
Bridge club flush with friendship
- February – The Senior News, Sydney
Bridge Club members’ toy drive success.
- February – 365 Days of Sport utube clip
A short ‘documentary’ filmed at the SFOB in January
- 30 March – ABC News
Tasmanian Festival of Bridge
- 9 April – The Courier, Ballarat
Ballarat Festival of Bridge
- 702AM Radio – 3 June 2016
Mollymook Bridge Club members assess the election campaign.
- 13 October – The Courier, Ballarat
Bridge pair medal in interstate competition
- The Advocate, Ballina – 7 December
Bridging mental blank on present ideas
- GP Speak, Ballina – December
- January 2015 – Sydney North local Community Newspaper
All cards on the table (Peninsula Bridge Club)
- 91.7 ABC Gold Coast Radio – 23 February 2015
Gold Coast kid comes up trumps at National bridge competition.
- Gold Coast Tweed Seniors Newspaper – March 2015 (Front page)
Another Grant Slam success for Gold Coast tournament
- Lakes Post – April 15
Pairs multiply bridge enjoyment.
- Audrey Grant’s Better Bridge Magazine – January/February 2015 issue
Bridge down under.
Bridge of learning leads to honour.
City club back in action.
Red points tight affairs.
- Star News (community newspaper near Maitland Bridge Club NSW) May 2015
Help find a cure for dementia.
- Star News (community newspaper near Maitland Bridge Club, NSW) – July 2015
Recovery’s helping hand
- Manly Daily (also appeared in 3 other local newspapers) – July 2015
Bridge rivals link up for title battle.
- The Senior News (NSW) – September issue
A great deal to celebrate
- 22 September – RN Drive, ABC Radio
Patricia Karvele interviews Keith McDonald – bridge as a sport. 6:00
- Denmark Bulletin, October 2015
Denmark Bridge Club (WA) holds its first congress
- East Gippsland News
Schools compete for Frank Power Memorial Shield at Bairnsdale Bridge
- January 16 The Canberra Times
Joy in spades for bridge fans (article about SFOB)
- 13 February 2014 Maitland Star News
ABF Marketing Grant news
- 20 February 2014 Maitland Star News
Joan Butts visits Maitland Bridge Club
- 17 February 2014 Peninsula News
Red point event and beginner lessons given FREE coverage
- March 2014 The Bunyip
Article about innovative events planned by Gawler Bridge Club during 2014.
- 28 March 2014 – The Examiner (Tasmania)
Article about the Tasmanian Festival of Bridge held in Launceston.
- 14 April – Radio Northern Beaches
Derrick Brown on ‘A senior moment or two’ presented by David Harris.
- 2 April – “The News”, Bairnsdale
Joan Butts visit to Bairnsdale to teach students and club members
- 14 June 2014 – People & Place Magazine, Warwick
Article promoting the Warwick Bridge Club (Queensland)
- 1 July 2014 – Warwick Daily News (Queensland)
Card players enjoy ‘exercise for the brain’
- 18 July 2014 ABC RN – “Never too old to learn”
Radio interview – Lindy Raine and Joan Butts (25:30 into tape)
- Bribie Weekly / Caboolture News (July)
Article about the club’s recent competition (and info about upcoming lessons).
- 28 July – The Bairnsdale Advertiser
Schools Bridge program the real deal
- Bribie Weekly – 29 August
Article about a 90 year old bridge winner
- Beenleigh Quest news September 2014
Enjoy some free bridge lessons
- 1 October – WIN Television, Gippsland National News
Ice Bucket Challenge – Sale Bridge Club raising money for one of their members
- 12 December 2014 – Bribie Island News
Hi-tech links keep tournament connected
- January 13 Manly Daily Page 10
Article on Northern Suburbs Inter Club Competition
- May 2013 Local newspaper
Raising money for neuroscience research.
- June 2013
Interview with Joan Butts
- June 2013 Beenleigh Newspaper
Article promoting new club (and bridge)
- January – May 2013 – Herald and Star Newspapers, Maitland
A bridge club building excellent relationships with local newspapers.
- July 2013 – Manly Daily
Northern Sydney Pairs competition
- 2013 – The Local Bulletin, Brisbane (West) – promotion for youth bridge
- July 2013 Sydney Morning Herald (Travel section)
Letter to the editor about the ABF travel insurance offer
- August 28 – ABC Radio Gippsland Podcast
Interview with Ishmael Del’Monte
- September – article in Warriewood community newspaper
- Brisbane Water Club (NSW) get local coverage
- December – Brisbane Water Club, NSW gains coverage of Xmas activities
- January 2012 – Australia Day Awards to WA club
- The Gold Coast Bulletin, 29 February 2012
An article about the Gold Coast Congress.
- March 2012 – Make-A-Wish website
features article about partnership arrangement with ABF
- April 2012 – Bridge in Australia
An article which appeared in French magazine “Jouer Bridge”
(with thanks to David Cohen for the translation.)
The handbook mentioned in the article was written by our Marketing Officer, Sandra Mulcahy.
- May 2012 Bridge Magazine
An article which appeared in UK Bridge Magazine
- May 2012
An article in “Toowoomba Mail” about a Bridge-for-Brains event
- May 2012 ACBL Magazine
Ron Klinger gains an honourable mention in the ACBL Magazine
- Quest Newspaper, Brisbane, June 12
an article about bridge lessons during school holidays
- June 30 2012 Bridge topics.com
Gold Coast congress mentioned in interview with Giorgio Duboin
- July 2012
ABC TV coverage of the Territory Gold Festival in Darwin
- July 2012
Interview on ABC Radio in Darwin – Julia Hoffman
- October 2012
Article in WA Australian Newspaper re Seniors’ Week (page 2)
- November 12 WAPost
Article on Inaugural SuperVets competition
- Radio interview on Adelaide’s Amanda Blair show on 5AA
March 2011. This interview with Gary Deaton, Club Manager, SA Bridge Association, generated 20 new members for the SA Bridge Club.
- May 2011 – Channel 7, South-East Queensland (Program “The Great South East”)
A related link:
- July 2011 – Jewish News
- July 2011 – A suburban newspaper – Melbourne
- August 2011 – a local newspaper article – Moonee Ponds, Melbourne
- Radio Adelaide (Adelaide Uni) – 29 August 2011
Barbara Travis interviewed by Tim Brunero
- Manly Daily newspaper – 1 September 2011
Story about the Peninsula Bridge Club.
- September 2011 – Pakenham-Berwick Gazette (Vic)
Example of results in community paper
- September 2011 – Seniors Newspaper (Victoria)
- The Canberra Times Magazine – December 2011
An article about the upcoming Summer Festival of Bridge.