All ABF Teacher Training Workshops are free to attend and are open to all bridge teachers. However, teachers are encouraged to complete the Teacher Training Program (TTP) before attending Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Days.
To register your attendance, select the event you are attending to open and complete the online form.
Teacher Training Program (15 points)
This session aims to prepare prospective teachers for their first class and to assist experienced teachers with new ideas for their classes. Each Teacher Training Program offers a closer look at teaching methods and presentation and contains resources for beginners, help with play and card play courses.
Teaching ideas are developed through discussion and practical demonstrations. There are also marketing and promotions tips, and ongoing support offered from the ABF.
- Peninsula Bridge Club, NSW: Sunday, April 9
- Canberra Bridge Club, ACT: Saturday, August 19
- Northern Suburbs Bridge Club, QLD: Saturday, August 26
CPD Day 1 – Modern Competitive Bidding (10 points)
- Dates to be announced soon
CPD DAY 2 – All About Defence (10 points)
- Hunters Hill Bridge Club, NSW: Sunday, April 23
- Melville Bridge Club, WA: Sunday, June 25
- Canberra Bridge Club, ACT: Sunday, August 20
- Northern Suburbs Bridge Club, QLD: Sunday, August 27
CPD DAY 3 – Teaching Two Over One Game Force (10 points)
Two Over One Game Force is a bidding style that will refine parts of Standard. It doesn’t mean you change your whole system, you just make it better. It’s quite easy to teach, even to new players, and is less complicated than parts of Standard. Even if you don’t play it yourself (yet), the newest addition to the Continuing Professional Development Day program, will help you learn more about 2/1 which has become very popular around the world.
- Kiama Bridge Club, NSW: Sunday Feb 5
- Geelong Bridge Club, VIC: Sunday, May 21
- Melville Bridge Club, WA: Saturday, June 24
- Orange Bridge Club, NSW: Sunday, July 2
- Redlands Bridge Club, QLD: Sunday, July 30
For more information email email@example.com.