Unusual 2NT – Question 2

Home Forums Bridge Questions Unusual 2NT – Question 2

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by will will 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    will
    will
    Participant

Hi Mike,
    Multi-Landy is great, and gives you lots of options to bid.
    I play that the 2C bid shows 5+/4+ in the Majors.
    The reason that I play 5+/4+ is that you can stop at the two-level in either suit, and partner can relay with 2D to ask for your longer/better suit.

With the 2NT overcall (Both Minors), you end up at the three-level every time, and partner has to guess which suit to play, so you sometimes end up in your second best quality suit.
    I use 2NT as minors, but ALWAYS 5+/5+, AND good suits, and I check the Vulnerability!

Cheers,
    Will

PeterS
    Participant

Hi Mike
    The only variation is that in penalty double situations (e.g. over a weak NT) you may play that 2NT shows any big game-going 2 suiter – hence a hand more suited to offence than defence. Even with the strength for a double if you try that the opponents may do OK by scoring enough tricks in the suits you don’t have. Whatever your agreements, logically 2NT can’t possibly be natural, of course.

mikesiford
    Participant

Thanks. This was a “seniors” moment.
    I use Multy-Landy!

Mike

joaneb
    joaneb
    Participant

Yes, most players have it in their two-suited conventions over 1NT, but I don’t remember it coming up much.

mikesiford
    Participant

Do Players use the Unusual 2NT Bid over an Opening Bid of 1NT (weak or strong)?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.