The Australian Government has released this report and what it shows for the Australia of 2055 includes:
- the number of over 65s will more than double
- life expectancy will increase to 95.1 years for men and 96.6 years for women
- the number of over 85s will increase to 4.9% of the population (nearly 2 million people)
- over 40,000 people will be aged 100 years
- over 65s will increase participation in the workforce to 17.3% from today's 12.9%.
Wow, our senior events in future should be well attended!