2020 Autumn Nationals – CANCELLED

Archives

2020 Autumn Nationals – CANCELLED

The SA Bridge Federation is sorry to announce that the Autumn Nationals will not take place this year.  We had been trying to reschedule the event to later in the year, but the Government’s announcement that the ban on indoor non-essential gatherings of more than 100 people will last for at least 6 months has scuttled that idea.

Action is being taken to refund all entry fees.

I am told that Qantas is offering cost-free flight cancellations and changes up to March 31.  As for accommodation, the Tasmanian Bridge Association has referred people to a document from the ACCC which says that hotels can only charge 10% deposit and can only keep that amount.  If they have charged more than 10% it is seen as a pre-payment and is fully refundable.

Winners and runners-up in most events 2019 were entitled to free / reduced entry this year.  These entitlements will automatically be transferred to next year.

I hope that you all manage to stay healthy and in the meantime, happy bridging!

Jinny Fuss
on behalf of SA Bridge Federation

Comments are closed.

Scroll Up