PQP lists are maintained by John Scudder. Please direct all PQP queries to him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The WBF regulations state that a player in a Senior’s event must reach the age of 60 during the calendar year in which that WBF event takes place. So to be eligible for Senior’s PQPs a player must have reached the age of 58 before the first of January contained in the current PQP year.
PQP Transfer Policy
All PQPs won in open events may be used towards qualification for the women’s or seniors’ playoffs by players who are eligible and are members of the Women’s or Seniors’ Panels. Players with Open PQPs who meet the age requirement may request addition to the Seniors’ Panel and transfer of their Open Points. Similarly, Women with Open PQPs may request addition to the Women’s Panel and transfer of their Open Points. Please email the PQP Compiler at email@example.com if you wish your points to be transferred and are not already on the Seniors and/or the Women’s panel.
For prior standings, go to the Archives page.
Allocation of PQP
The primary purpose of Playoff Qualifying Points (PQP) is to select the Australian team via the playoffs. To be eligible for the playoffs each player must have at least 1 PQP. Those players who amass a greater number of PQP are advantaged by playing in Division 1 (unless numbers do not allow for 2 divisions). This gives those teams a second chance to qualify for the final.
The criteria for allocating PQP to an event include:
- Quality of field eligible to receive PQP’s
- Size of field
- Rigour of the event (e.g. long final matches)
- Relativity with other events and rebalance of awards due to increased number of events and PQP Inflation.
- Geographical fairness in access to PQP
Each year the Tournament Committee reviews the PQP table for the following year. It also considers applications from States/Tournament Organisers for allocation. In this instance the following criteria would be considered;
- The number of PQP events for that category (Open, Women’s, Seniors’)
- Comparative events
- A consistency or improvement in field quality over approximately a 3 year period for that event